Founded in 1976, Lafayette Industries is a Contract Packager offering shrink wrap, blister pack, display assemblies and other business services. Our Mission is to exceed the customer’s expectations while employing hundreds of adults with disabilities within our business operations. Through extensive training and support programs, our employees learn to maximize their abilities to be successful in a productive and professional work environment. The result is high quality products and services at a competitive price on a timely basis. So whether you are looking for a reliable contract packager or to build on your dream of meaningful employment, Lafayette Industries would like to help.
Rob and Bobbie’s Weekly Wrap-up, 5-22-2020
Strategies for Feeling “Fast”, 5-22-2020
Stretching with Alicia F, 5-20-2020
Out of an abundance of caution we are asking our partners who support individuals outside of the workday to closely monitor their situation ensuring that extra precautions are taken to promote hygiene, cleanliness and health of individuals. We understand that some behavior is difficult to manage but if someone is ill or not using common cleanliness protocols we assume that they will be kept home. If an individual showing symptoms of illness or visibly lacking acceptable personal hygiene arrives at Lafayette you will be contacted and expected to promptly pick up your loved one. Please ensure that Lafayette has accurate and up to date contact information.
Lafayette Industries is closely tracking the Covid-19 situation.
Lafayette has not experienced any instances of Covid-19; all measures are precautionary.
Lafayette’s Current Standard Health Habits and Procedures
Our standard health and safety protocols already cover all CDC recommendations.
- Wash hands with soap and water before and after every break, lunch, and after using the restroom.
- The restrooms have hands free faucets and hand dryers and automatic flushes on toilets and urinals.
- We have hand sanitizer dispensing stations at locations in the workshop that our employees use throughout the day.
- We do not “handshake” and we have abandoned “fist bumps.”
- Our lunch room tables, chairs, commonly used surfaces and restrooms are cleaned and sanitized on a daily basis.
- As is our standard procedure we tell people not to come to work if they are sick.
- You must be fever-free for 24 hours without use of fever-reducing medications before returning to work.
- As per our policy in our handbook, touching or hugging of fellow employees is not permitted.
- As per our policy all employees are expected to manage good personal hygiene.
- All employees will be given a final dose of hand sanitizer as they leave to go home.
- Lafayette is in the position to be able to collect best practices from many sources: agencies, businesses, schools etc. This provides us with the opportunity to keep up on new precautionary measures as they arise.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can also call the St. Louis County Department of Public Health 24 hr. hotline at 314-615-2660 or Missouri Departmant of Health and Senior Services 24 hr. hotline at 877-435-8411..
Keep Up With Lafayette
Check out some of our upcoming events!
Lafayette Industries Changing lives for more than 40 years.
Our New Positive Behavior Center
Improving social skills and productivity in the workplace.