The goal of Lafayette Industries is to provide a safe and dignified work environment for individuals meeting criteria designated by the State of Missouri and who are otherwise unable to access employment services through Missouri Vocational Rehabilitation. This is officially titled The Extended Employment Sheltered Workshop Program. All employees are encouraged and expected to maintain productivity at an acceptable level and are paid according to that level.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS
- At least 18 years or older
- Certified by the Missouri Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Documented Developmental Disability
- Demonstrate ability to complete works tasks
- Demonstrate ability to work safely with natural supports
- Demonstrate ability to manage personal care needs
- Demonstrate ability to follow group cues
- Independently follow the schedule
- Respond independently to environmental cues
- Work a variety of tasks and demonstrate flexibility due to production schedule
- Ability to work within a group setting
- Demonstrate basic skills required to complete packaging tasks
- Registration with St. Louis Regional Center, if applicable
Copyright 2020 Lafayette Industries. All Rights Reserved.